Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My Husband the Hero

I just need to say that I felt like a million bucks today, and all because my husband stepped up and defended me!  Let me tell you what went down:  

I went to the post office because my friend who just lost her father needed me to overnight an outfit for her to wear to the funeral.  Of course I didn't hesitate to do it, and at the post office I was looking for the proper size box to ship it in.  As I was checking them out, this tall Asian postal worker brushed past me and didn't even excuse himself.  Whatever, I got over it.  So then I asked him if they had any thinner boxes, and he laughed at me in the most condescending manner and said he didn't know what I was talking about.  I then explained that by thinner I meant less wide or a little smaller, and he walked me over to a different section.  I got my box and started filling out addresses, and when I was ready to pay for it of course I got this same guy now behind the counter.  I explained that I needed the box shipped overnight to be received by Friday morning, if possible.  He said that the soonest they could guarantee it was by 3pm on Friday.  I hesitated for a moment because I wasn't sure if that would be good enough. As I hesitated, a man in uniform in the back room yelled to my guy, "Is that the last of the express deliveries for today?" to which my guy replied, "Yes, that is all".  I was floored!  I asked him to wait a minute and let him put my package in so it would make it in time.  He turned around to look at the uniformed guy, then looked me square in the face and said "Sorry, too late now".  Now I had had it.  The anger inside me was at a boiling point now, because not only had he been totally rude in his manner of dealing with me from the get-go, but he had the audacity to blatantly screw me over like that.  Needless to say, I took my package and marched out.  When I got home I relayed what had happened to my exhausted husband who had just gotten home from a long day at work.  When I was finished he told me to put back on my shoes because we were going to talk to the postmaster.  We walked in to the post office, my handsome husband still in his uniform and looking mighty formidable.  We asked to speak to the postmaster directly, at which point my hero expounded upon how poorly his wife had been treated and that he would not stand for it.  We only got an apology and a promise to "provide better service next time", but I got a whole lot more than that out of it than just that.  I got to see my soldier wage war on my behalf, and I got to see just how lucky I am to have someone who loves me that much.  

3 comments:

Kira said...

Way to go Brandon!!!!

Alice said...

Errrruggfff! I don't even know what to say. Sometimes people are just so rude. I'm glad Brandon went in to take care of it. Ugh. Let us know if the dress gets to your friend on time.

Beckah said...

Hey Rachel! your blog is pretty Snazy! Just like you...Go Brandon! I think I would be too embarrassed to go talk to the man. Love ya