Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Fall

   My favorite time of year has arrived.  The trees are blushing their vibrant yellows and reds, the air is thick with the smell of pine, and pumpkins are appearing at every doorstep.  I have a legitimate excuse to wear boots and scarfs, and I find myself craving apple cider more and more each day.  Cinnamon is becoming a staple in my kitchen, and I can't help but seek out a good book to curl up and read as a soft breeze comes through the window.  
   I am desperately trying to convince my friend to throw a costume party for Halloween (I will have the grandest costume balls some day - I was born for it), and I am itching to buy every overpriced garment I see in the Halloween isles.  I'm dying to add just a few wigs to my collection, but I will wait for the after-holiday sales for those.  Why do I want these?  Heaven knows.  I tell myself that I am amassing play clothes for my daughters-to-be.  If they are anything like me (and what will I do if they are not?!) they will wear at least thirteen different outfits a day and make strange headdresses out of random clothing.  It's what I do.  My sweet groom, good thing he loves me despite the fact that he married a nut!

2 comments:

Alice said...

I think he loves you because you're a nut... lol. I know I do. I'm trying to throw one of those parties this year--you are SO invited. It's a murder-mystery-costume thingy. And darn it. Now I'M craving apple cider!

Beckah said...

OH Rachel I feel so connected to you..I too feel the same about fall, the colors, the food, and especially dressing up. Oh how we were born to wear the creativeness of our hearts!