Friday, September 12, 2008

The inevitable has happened

You'll hear it from me first: I think I want a job.  Don't get me wrong, crafting and cooking and taking grad classes are all great....but I am getting ansy.  I even find myself thinking that it may be nice to get pregnant or worse - get a dog.  This cannot happen!  Thus, I have begun the ever-depressing search of finding a job for which I am qualified.  Turns out I am qualified for nothing.  Seriously, getting a decent job with a Bachelor's in psychology is just as impossible as if I were a high school grad!  I can't even substitute teach here because you have to be certified.  Certified means going to school for another year-and-a-half...and thank you I am already on that but plan on getting paid better afterward.  Patience is not a virtue I possess, unfortunately, so I don't know what I will do.  With that being said, I should get back to knitting my scarf. 

Oh btw, I think I am going to join a spinning and weaving guild.  How cool is that?  

2 comments:

Alice said...

I want to join a guild. I wonder if they have a guild for people who don't really do anything... hmmm... maybe a blogging guild? Just to let you know, getting pregnant or getting a pet doesn't always help. I am well past my last three experiences (the third would be a cat) and I'm already antsy for another one. Maybe I'll get a fish, but I don't think it's gonna make the prego bug go away. Oh well, kids aren't that bad. I've been having them since I was a teenager... ;D. lol

Kira said...

Get the job and enjoy the time with your hubby ... well ... the limited time. I know everyone tells you that, but it's so true! We had almost two years together before kids and while I adore my kids ... well ... Ryan hasn't taken me on a real date in well over a year! LOL. And now that I'm pregnant again ... it may not be happening anytime soon. :)