Saturday, September 13, 2008

In amendment to my pregnancy quip

I must confess, I feel very flattered that so many of you care for my womb's well-being.  After receiving numerous "Don't do it!"'s  from women whom I highly admire, I am here to assure you that my Nuva Ring is tightly in place.  Not that it was going anywhere in the first place, mind you. At this point I view motherhood just as I do any other fleeting excitement, like learning to knit.  I may be smitten with the idea of sitting in a rocker with skeins of homespun yarn rolling around my feet, and I may even enjoy knitting away every so often in the twilight hours.  But I am definitely not ready to devote the time necessary to make socks...and I certainly don't have the skill for it yet!  That doesn't mean I don't want to make socks, and let it be known that I really respective you fabulous sock-knitters of the world!  For now, I am happy to admire the handiwork of others and save my knitting needles for another day.  As for my womb...well...she's busy in other adventures.  

No comments: