Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Jingle Them Bells

With the Christmas season in full swing, I have channeled my inner Martha Stewart and have been in a crafting hyperdrive.  I'm not making gifts, mind you...simply decking the halls with as much holiday cheer as I can muster.  I'll post pics as soon as everything is completed.  Meantime, my groom is off training to save lives in combat and I am training to save stitches in knitting what with all the unfinished scarves we have in our "to-do" basket.  What I should be doing is getting ahead on school work...but somehow the desire to do so evades me.  Instead I am busy sniffing Christmas tree needles and cinnamon pine cones as I awkwardly attempt to fashion them into a wreath.  (For the record, the wreath idea was quickly abandoned in favor of a swag, which also failed to actually resemble that which I was going for.) On that note, I think it is safe to say that there is nothing that smells more lovely than fresh Christmas trees.  Like my mother, I have inherited the deep appreciation of sticking tree clippings all over my house so the smell never goes away, and hence have greenery in all sorts of hard-to-reach places.  I can't wait until Brandon sees it all!  

1 comment:

Alice said...

I wish I could see it all--sounds gorgeous--I bet it smells lovely, too.